Guideline 4: Occupancy is the fourth of 4 guidelines (Guideline 1: Planning, Guideline 2: Space, Guideline 3: Fitout, and Guideline 4: Occupancy) that support the Office Accommodation Management Framework (OAMF). The OAMF integrates policies, process, activities and guidelines for agencies to:
- establish office accommodation needs
- acquire and fit out suitable space
- use that space effectively
The purpose of this guideline is to:
- describe the process, procedures, conditions and responsibilities applicable to agencies in their occupancy of government-owned and private-sector leased office accommodation
- describe the role and responsibilities of the Department of Housing and Public Works in providing and managing government office accommodation
- provide best-practice advice for using office accommodation efficiently and effectively.
This guideline encompasses initial occupancy, the ongoing use of office accommodation (including making fitout changes) and vacating office accommodation. It focuses on:
- conditions of occupancy
- responsibilities and compliance
- initial move-in
- funding and ownership of fitout
- post-occupancy review
- tenancy management systems
- building-related issues
- management of office accommodation changes
- disaster recovery
- vacating a tenancy.
Supporting documents for Guideline 4: Occupancy
- Occupancy agreement for government accommodation between Department of Housing and Public Works and agencies
- Guidelines for post-occupancy review of office accommodation
- Management of office churn and management of change
Email the Queensland Government Accommodation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .