About Guideline 1
Guideline 1: Planning is the first of 4 guidelines (Guideline 1: Planning, Guideline 2:
Space, Guideline 3: Fitout, and Guideline 4: Occupancy) that support the Office Accommodation Management Framework (OAMF). The OAMF integrates policies, process, activities and guidelines for agencies to:
- establish office accommodation needs
- acquire and fit out suitable space
- use that space effectively
- manage the accommodation-change (churn) process.
The purpose of this guideline is to:
- demonstrate the relationship between the Department of Energy and Public Works (EPW) as office accommodation provider, and agencies as office accommodation users, in terms of the planning process
- provide best practice advice to agencies to enable them to plan their office accommodation needs effectively
- facilitate agencies' contribution to the whole-of-Government office accommodation planning process.
This guideline encompasses the process of office accommodation planning at individual agency level and at the whole-of-government level. This guideline focuses on assisting agencies to:
- forecast changes to office accommodation demand to meet service-delivery change
- integrate agencies' office accommodation demand into the whole-of-government strategic office accommodation planning process
- identify office accommodation demand and cost as components of the resources required for service delivery.
This guideline also describes the planning process undertaken by EPW to:
- manage its office building assets
- developing integrated, whole-of-government office accommodation strategies for the Brisbane CBD and 18 strategically significant regional centres
- managing its office accommodation information technology systems.
Supporting documents for Guideline 1: Planning
Email the Queensland Government Accommodation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .