Continue your professional development
Are you a procurement professional looking to grow your knowledge, experience and industry networks? You may be able to access professional development opportunities outside Queensland Government including:
Improve your capability as a procurement professional through the partnership between Queensland Government, other government jurisdictions, the Australasian Procurement and Construction Council (APCC) and the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
Gain international standing as a procurement specialist by becoming a member of CIPS (MCIPS). There are several ways you can achieve MCIPS. There is a membership pathway for everyone from student to seasoned procurement professional.
MCIPS gives you access to local and international networks, the latest in procurement news, and discounts on CIPS workshops, seminars and conferences.
Please be aware there may be costs involved in your pathway to MCIPS. Consider contacting your HR area to find out if your agency will assist with costs.
You can also increase your professional procurement standing through further study.
Find out what CIPS-accredited degree and post-graduate programs are available.
We encourage you to join a professional body to maintain and update your procurement skills.
See a list of procurement-related professional bodies below.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Australasia (Associate and Member) (CIPS) (Note: If your membership has lapsed for three months or more you will be charged a re-joining fee.)
- Fellowship – Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (FCIPS) (Note: By invitation only.)
- Australian Association of Procurement and Contract Management Membership (AAPCM) (Note: AAPCM holds other memberships (Provisional Qualified Member, Qualified Member, Associate Fellow, and Fellow) with certain eligibility requirements for that grade.)
- Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA) (Note: SCLAA holds other memberships (national partner, corporate 1 and 2 memberships.)
- Australasian Fleet Management Association (AFMA) (Note: AFMA membership is priced on fleet quantity and individual benefits.)
- Australian Premier Supply Chain Community (APICS).
- Subsidiary of the International APICS – Premier Association for Supply Chain Management.
- International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) (Note: Membership is only available to national and regional professional associations. However, the national association is happy to receive individual membership applications – price on application.)
- Procurement and Supply Australasia – PASA CONNECT (Note: Membership pricing is based on team size.)
- Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) (Note: Membership applicants need to meet eligibility criteria. Different levels of membership include Individual Member and Associate Member.)
To find out more about professional development in procurement, email QGP-ProcurementAccreditation@hpw.qld.gov.au.