Guideline 2: Space is the second of 4 OAMF guidelines (Guideline 1: Planning, Guideline 2: Space, Guideline 3: Fitout, and Guideline 4: Occupancy) that support the Office Accommodation Management Framework (OAMF). The OAMF integrates policies, process, activities and guidelines for agencies to establish:
- office accommodation needs
- acquire and fit out suitable space
- utilise that space effectively
- manage the accommodation-change (churn) process.
The purpose of this guideline is to:
- provide advice and support to agencies in relation to the management of their office space in order to assist them to align their accommodation with service delivery needs on a continuing basis
- describe the procedures involved in acquiring, reducing and reconfiguring office space
- describe the role and activities of HPW in office-space management.
This section focuses on the policy, processes and procedures involved in:
- acquiring new or additional office space in government-owned or 'major-leased' buildings
- acquiring private-sector leased space
- reducing space through rationalisation, consolidation and/or collocation
- vacating space
- sub-leasing and/or assigning office space leased from the private sector in ‘other leased’
- reconfiguring office space.
Supporting documents for Guideline 2: Space
- Policy and guidelines for the use of owned and private sector leased government office accommodation
- Occupancy Agreement for government accommodation between Department of Housing and Public Works and agencies
- Proposal for departmental office accommodation
- Proposal for all Ministerial office accommodation
- Request for additional office accommodation
- Notice of proposal to reduce or vacate office accommodation
- Request for office accommodation program funding contribution
Email the Queensland Government Accommodation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.