Acquiring office space refers to the process of:
- acquiring new or additional space in a government-owned or 'major leased' building
- acquiring new or additional leased space in a private sector ('other leased') building.
Reducing space refers to the process of:
- reducing space in government-owned and 'major leased' buildings through downsizing and rationalisation as well as the consolidation or collocation of multiple tenancies into fewer tenancies or locations
- reducing leased space in 'other leased' buildings during the term of the lease
- vacating office accommodation in government-owned, 'major leased' and 'other leased' building
- reassignment of space leased from the private sector
Varying space refers to the process of reconfiguring layouts and/or fitout within existing office accommodation tenancies.