Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Category Council
The ICT Category Council provides ongoing leadership in relation to strategic procurement activities of Information and Communication Technology across government.
Lead agency: Department of Transport and Main Roads
The category council for the ICT category is formed by independent government representatives with relevant experience in their fields. This creates a category council with a multidisciplinary group of stakeholders with expertise in their portfolio's to best articulate strategies for Queensland Government. The representatives host department is also indicated below.
- Lead agency – Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Financial – Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs
- Government Business – Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
- Government Business – to be advised
- Information Management – Queensland Health
- Procurement – Department of Education
- Statutory Authorities – Queensland Museum
- Regional – TBA
- Research – University of Queensland
Category Council Chair
Dallas Stower, Deputy Director-General – Transformation and Enabling Technologies, Department of Transport and Main Roads
Meeting dates for this year:
- 22 February 2023
- 24 May 2023
- 23 August 2023
- 22 November 2023
ICT Category Council oversees and directs strategic procurement activities in relation to ICT spend. ICT Category Council agree on and govern the category strategy for a particular spend profile and endorse related execution plans for the category under management (note that this does not extend to operational matters i.e. tender award).
The council chair must approve requests to make a presentation to the council.
Requests should be sent to email@example.com or phone (07) 3640 4899.
Presentations should not be longer than 20 minutes, including question time.
ICT Industry Reference Group (ICTIRG)
Formed to continue developing a closer working relationship between government and industry, the ICTIRG provides a mechanism for industry members to be consulted regarding:
- Government ICT procurement initiatives
- Advice on emerging technologies and trends
- ICT Category Management activities
A key priority of ICTIRG at formation is to increase compliance and maximise the benefits for the ICT Category in alignment with the 6 key principles of the Queensland Procurement Policy.
- Executive Director, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Transport and Main Roads (Chair)
- Director, Category Management, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Director, Stakeholder Engagement, ICT Strategic Sourcing, Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Association of Professional Staffing Companies Australia
- Australian Information Industry Association
- Australian Information Security Association
- Australian Institute of Project Management
- Council of ICT Associations
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- International Institute of Business Analysis
- IT Forum Gold Coast
- IT Service Management Forum
- Queensland Futures Institute
- Spatial Industries Business Association
- Women in Technology
- Financial Services Union
- Disability Advocate
Meetings are scheduled on a quarterly basis, pending availability of members:
- 10 March 2023
- August 2023 – to be advised
- November 2023 – to be advised
Contact: Matthew Rose