General Retention and Disposal Schedule (GRDS)
The GRDS covers records of common activities and functions, transitory, and short term records created as part of routine transactional business practices.
The GRDS Lite is an abridged version of the GRDS covering the same records.
- Appraisal log (PDF, 2.12 MB)
- Appraisal log (DOCX, 503 KB)
- Executive summary of changes (PDF, 185 KB)
- Detailed summary of changes (PDF, 711 KB)
- Detailed summary of changes (XLS, 168 KB)
- GRDS Lite summary of changes (PDF, 336 KB)
- Change history table (XLSX, 16 KB)
- Mapping document GRDS to GRDS Lite (PDF, 286 KB)
- Use the GRDS and GRDS Lite
- Sentence records
- How to destroy records
- Transfer records to Queensland State Archives
Note: A summary of changes for versions 2 through to 7 is available upon request.
- QDAN 249 v.7 (March 2014) (PDF, 1.97 MB)
- QDAN 249 v.7 (Lite) (June 2015) (PDF, 718 KB)
- Transitory records and short term retention and disposal schedule QDAN 720 v.2 (March 2016) (PDF, 378 KB)
- QDAN 249 v.6 (August 2011) (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- QDAN 249 v.5 (October 2010) (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- QDAN 249 v.4 (September 2004) (PDF, 1.67 MB)
- QDAN 249 v.3 (February 2004) (PDF, 1.74 MB)
- QDAN 249 v.2 (August 1998) (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- QDAN 249 v.1 (June 1997) (PDF, 1.28 MB)
These schedules are superseded and are available for references purposes only. They should not be used to dispose of records.