Buy Queensland 2023
Buy Queensland is about stewarding our procurement investment to support quality, local jobs, boost the Queensland economy and leave a lasting positive legacy for current and future generations of Queenslanders
Queensland Procurement Strategy 2023 - Jobs, Economy, Legacy, Confidence
Building upon Buy Queensland’s achievements, the QPS outlines four outcome areas delivered through four strategic objectives. Setting the strategic direction of Queensland Government procurement, it harnesses our significant procurement power to deliver:
- more quality, local jobs
- a thriving, resilient and decarbonised economy
- responsible intergenerational value for Queenslanders
- increased trust in procurement – better procurement data analytics, engagement, training, capability, collaboration, probity and accountability, enhancing confidence in our procurement delivery.
The QPS applies to budget sector agencies, statutory bodies, government-owned corporations and special purpose vehicles.
Queensland Procurement Framework
The QPS is the lead document for the Queensland Procurement Framework (Framework).
In turn, the Framework delivers Buy Queensland 2023, where procurement investment backs genuine, quality Queensland jobs, and drives positive economic, ethical, social and environmental outcomes for all Queenslanders, now and into the future.
- Queensland Procurement Strategy 2023—Jobs, Economy, Legacy, Confidence
- Queensland Procurement Policy 2023
- Guidance, tools and templates
- Procurement-related policies, targets and commitments
- Agency procurement procedures, category plans, agency procurement plans, significant procurement plans
Performance and reporting
- Queensland Procurement Policy Analytics Framework
- Queensland Procurement Statement
The procurement framework is supported by a governance framework facilitating strategic through to operational input and engagement.
QPS - outcomes and strategic objectives
|Jobs - Quality local jobs||Leverage procurement power to back local suppliers and stimulate jobs growth, skills development and manufacturing.|
|Economy - Thriving, resilient and decarbonised economy||Use procurement to drive sustainable economic growth, encourage innovation and increase supplier diversity.|
|Legacy - Responsible intergenerational value||Deliver today and invest in tomorrow through responsible public procurement choices.|
|Confidence - Trust in procurement||Deliver excellent outcomes through leading procurement policy and practice.|