Putting Queenslanders first, now and tomorrow
Supporting Queenslanders through the Buy Queensland approach to government procurement
The Buy Queensland approach comprises the Queensland Procurement Strategy 2023 – Jobs, Economy, Legacy, Confidence (QPS) and Queensland Procurement Policy 2023 (QPP). Introduced in 2017, Buy Queensland uses the power of procurement to provide goods and services while creating positive change in Queenslanders’ lives.
Recognising that ‘value for money’ is more than just the lowest price, Buy Queensland uses public spending to drive the government’s economic, ethical, social and environmental objectives that support Queenslanders.
Buy Queensland aims to create and support strong, resilient and innovative Queensland communities by:
- fostering quality local jobs
- supporting local businesses
- encouraging local manufacturing
- encouraging innovation and diversity
- ensuring ethical practices
- protecting our environment
- generating regional growth.
Despite the tough economic times, Buy Queensland is seeing more procurement investment won by Queensland businesses:
- Awarded about $57.81 billion in procurement investment to more than 70,480 Queensland- registered businesses in the period between 1 September 2017 and 31 December 2022.
- Of the more than 70,480 Queensland-registered businesses that supplied goods and services to the Queensland Government, approximately 44 per cent (over 31,030) were Queensland regional businesses.
- Delivered 28.96 per cent (approximately $5.78 billion) of procurement investment with Queensland small and medium enterprises for the period between 1 July 2021 and 30 June 2022.