Recruitment for procurement and contract management roles draws from a range of disciplines including:
- vocational training
- contract management.
Employer Value Proposition
Working for Queensland Government in a procurement or contact management role will see you support your agency to get the goods and services they need to deliver services to our Queensland communities.
The way you deliver your services can have a direct and positive impact on:
- employment opportunities for disadvantaged groups
- the number of Queensland small to medium enterprises delivering services to government
- the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses delivering services to government
- the strength of the regional economy that is benefiting from the goods or services you have procured.
A career in procurement enables you to:
- be the difference – and improve the lives of Queenslanders and Queensland communities by how you deliver procurement and contract management outcomes to the business
- be challenged – and create a career that delivers real value, offers diversity, opportunity, and collaboration and complex problem solving
- be rewarded – benefit from competitive pay, conditions, professional development, openness to exploring innovative ways to deliver services and diverse career advancement opportunities
- be balanced – find balance in your life in a career that promotes innovative and contemporary ways and approaches to work.
Applying for roles
Entry to the profession can occur through:
- Entry level roles (external to government applicant):
- Lateral transfer into profession (external to government applicant):
- through securing an role advertised at any level where you draw on relevant transferable skills and expertise (commercial law, business law, contract law, business acumen, contract management, etc).
- On the job experience (Internal-to-government applicant) - through being selected via an expression of interest or secondment process.
There are 5 vocational qualifications that would support a school leaver or adult learner seeking a career change to secure a job in procurement and contract management:
- Certificate IV in Procurement and Contact Management
- Certificate IV in Business (Procurement)
- Diploma in Procurement and Contact Management
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Contact Management
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Procurement.
See the list of registered training organisations offering this training.
University programs and professional certification programs are available in:
- strategic procurement
- supply chain and logistics.
Want more information?
Email Skills2Procure@hpw.qld.gov.au for more information about employment pathways in procurement and contract management.