As Queensland’s largest employer, we are committed to supporting employees affected by domestic and family violence (DFV). We play an important role in:
- preventing violence
- supporting affected employees
- building a culture of respect and gender equity.
We have developed a workplace package to strengthen support for employees affected by DFV. It also contributes to the workforce-related actions in:
- Not Now, Not Ever taskforce report
- Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Strategy 2016–2026 and Action Plans
- Queensland Violence against Women Prevention Plan 2016–22
- Gender Equity Strategy 2015–2020
- Inclusion and Diversity Strategy 2021–2025
- Positive and healthy workplace cultures
Find out about our workplace support package, which includes how individuals, managers and agencies can support affected employees.
We also encourage local government, business, and non-government organisations (NGOs) to adopt the workplace package to suit the needs of their workplace.
Everyone has the right to feel safe and supported in the workplace.