The Skills2Procure program offers an extensive suite of training and development for procurement and contract management professionals.
We provide access to formal and informal training and development opportunities for all skill levels: from beginners looking for awareness level training right up to advanced practitioners seeking to further increase the depth of their expertise.
Some offerings are for individuals, some can be purchased by the agency for a group of participants. Some of the awareness/foundational skills eLearning and the community of practice offerings do not incur any cost to the participant.
Skills2Procure is managed by the Office of the Chief Advisor–Procurement.
Who can participate?
Skills2Procure training and development initiatives are available to all public sector staff undertaking procurement or contract management-related roles and tasks, including:
- procurement staff
- contract management staff
- staff who contribute to a procurement or contract management role
- subject matter experts contributing to:
- drawing up requirements or specification documents to take to the market
- tender evaluation and award processes
- staff exercising relevant delegations in the business
- agency executives seeking to optimally leverage the opportunities to deliver on government policy through their procurement function.
What we offer
- Certification courses: Procurement Certification Program (PCP)
- Short courses: supplied through the Procurement and Contract Management Learning and Development panel (QGP002-2018)
- Thought leadership: Procurement Leadership Council (Gartner) delivers to member agencies (Housing and Public Works, Queensland Education, Queensland Health and Transport and Main Roads)
- Business skills: whole of sector programs are delivered by University of Queensland under arrangements with Queensland Treasury Corporation
- Leadership skills: leadership development
Professional development events
- Procurement graduate networking events offered to current graduates in any agency.
- Community of practice events:
- for all sector procurement and contract management staff
- held twice per calendar year
- no cost to participant
- Professional development sessions aimed at Heads of Procurement:
- held as requested by the Heads of Procurement Network Forum
- usually held twice per year
- no cost to participant
- The Executive Procurement Speaker series:
- delivered in partnership with the Public Service Commission
- aimed at senior government executive-level leaders
- seeks to inform them of opportunities and risks to optimally leverage their procurement function.
Find out more
- Sign up for the Buy Queensland Newsletter to receive invitations for events run by the Office of the Chief Advisor–Procurement, including upcoming community of practice events.
- Ask your supervisor about accessing Skills2Procure training programs alongside agency-specific skills development, mentoring and on-the-job development opportunities.
- Talk with OCA-P’s capability contact person in your agency procurement team.
- Contact the Skills2Procure team:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 07 3215 3604.