QSuper is the default superannuation fund for Queensland Government employees. Most employees can:
- contribute between 2–5% of your salary, matched by an employer contribution of up to 12.75%
- make additional voluntary contributions
- salary sacrifice superannuation
- transfer money from other superannuation funds
- make and receive spousal contributions
- receive income protection cover
- purchase total and permanent disability insurance.
Choice of superannuation fund
From July 2017, eligible Queensland Government employees will be able to choose their superannuation provider.
The introduction of choice will align Queensland public service superannuation arrangements to those in most other Australian states, and the Commonwealth.
Eligible employees will be able to:
- stay with QSuper (which will remain the default superannuation provider)
- join a superannuation fund other than QSuper
- continue with QSuper after leaving the Queensland public service.
- remove membership restrictions, so anyone can join QSuper
- will not affect your superannuation entitlements or salary packaging arrangements.
See our frequently asked questions for more on choice of fund eligibility.