People matters is a future-focused leadership program for current and aspiring team leaders in the Queensland public sector. Developed by the Public Service Commission, and delivered by the Australian Institute of Management (AIM), the program provides leaders with:
- the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to effectively manage people, performance and change in the workplace
- a deeper understanding of their personal leadership style and team dynamics to help build engaged and high-performing teams.
People matters gives you a strong start to your leadership development journey and is one of the Queensland public sector’s most popular leadership programs.
AIM delivers People matters in-person or virtually, so it is available to all Queensland public sector employees (see details on the right). Agencies may approach AIM to deliver the program in-house as required.
People matters combines a self-paced online module, three days of face-to-face workshops and a workplace practice activity, to be completed by participants, with the support of their supervisors.
People matters has been tailored for virtual delivery:
- four x 2.5-hour virtual sessions (across two days)
- one x 2-hour virtual session (two weeks later)
- one x 1.5-hour small group coaching session
- plus pre-work.
Performance conversations has been tailored for virtual delivery:
- three x 2.5-hour virtual sessions (across two days)
- plus pre-work.
Participants will have the same opportunities as those who attend the face-to-face program and will develop their leadership and people management skills with their peers in a safe, supported environment. This program delivery would suit Queensland public sector employees who work in rural and remote locations.
Who is it for?
People matters is designed specifically for the Queensland public sector. It aligns to the Leadership competencies for Queensland for team leaders (responsible for leading individual contributors to deliver team outcomes). Participation is not restricted by an employee’s level or function (e.g. AO or PO) and supports public sector employees' performance obligations.
People matters learning objectives:
- understand the authorising environment and responsibilities of a Queensland public sector team leader
- develop knowledge and practical skills to meet changing organisational and workforce needs
- develop the skills and confidence to manage people, performance and change.
Performance conversations learning objectives:
- take a strengths-based approach to empowering your employees through effective conversations
- build critical skills and confidence through action-learning
- explore contemporary strategies to engage your employees and improve team performance.
Recruitment and selection learning objectives:
- understand the recruitment and selection merit principle and develop the skills to apply it in practice
- develop skills and strategies to make informed choices in selections to better predict future performance
- understand the importance of selection and onboarding to retain valuable employees within the Queensland public sector.
- People matters 3-day program (in-person or virtual): $940 per person
- People matters 1-day program: $360 per person
How to book
Visit the AIM website for more information and to register for sector-wide sessions.
Contact AIM directly to discuss tailoring People matters to your agency's needs, including delivery location. Agencies can engage AIM under a standing offer arrangement (PSC–10–2015) to deliver in-house programs for 20 participants without a tendering process.
The Public Service Commission owns the intellectual property of People matters, which is delivered under the standing offer arrangement with AIM. It may not be delivered by any other party.