About car sharing
Need access to a car in the Brisbane CBD?
QFleet's Car Share service allows drivers from participating agencies to conveniently book cars online from multiple locations around the CBD.
Vehicles are currently available in the Brisbane CBD and will expand to more sites as demand increases.
If your agency is interested in joining the service, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
The service is open to all government agencies and the following agencies are currently signed up:
- Department of Seniors, Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
- Department of Energy and Public Works
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water
- Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
- Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport
- Queensland Health
- Queensland Treasury.
If your agency is not listed above, please contact your fleet manager or email us to sign up.
Benefits to your agency
QFleet Car Share is a great way to:
- improve vehicle utilisation
- reduce fleet operating costs
- lower vehicle emissions and improve the environmental profile of the fleet.
When you sign up, QFleet will work closely with your agency to ensure the Car Share service compliments your current vehicle leasing arrangements and ease the transition process.
- online vehicle booking system – real-time, on-demand
- vehicle access using automated key boxes
- greater accessibility and flexibility of vehicle choice and location.
- user-pay model – only pay for what you use
- reduces alternate vehicle transportation costs including car hire and taxi services
- reduces costs to government by maximising pool vehicle use.
Easier business processes:
- reduces or eliminates vehicle administration processes
- improves reporting capability, including automated FBT reporting and logbooks
- agencies without general pool vehicles can still access a car for work.
- pathway to introduce low and zero emission vehicles to your drivers
- reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- improves the environmental profile of the government fleet.