Skills2Procure training programs
Skills2Procure is managed by Queensland Government Procurement and offers a suite of training and development options for procurement and contract management professionals across all skill levels from beginners looking for awareness training, through to advanced practitioners seeking to further increase their depth of expertise.
Some offerings are for individuals, some can be purchased by the agency for a group of participants.
Most of these offerings are purchased and funded by your agency, and you will need to follow your agency approval and to attend.
Some of the awareness and foundational skills offerings, including eLearning, and the Community of Practice do not incur any cost to the participant.
Who can participate?
Skills2Procure training and development initiatives are available to all public sector staff undertaking procurement or contract management-related roles and tasks, including:
- procurement staff
- contract management staff
- staff who contribute to a procurement or contract management role
- subject matter experts contributing to:
- requirements or specification documents to take to the market
- tender evaluation and award processes
- staff exercising relevant delegations in the business
- agency executives seeking to optimally leverage the opportunities to deliver on government policy through their procurement function.
What we offer
- Certification courses: Procurement Certification Program (PCP) Levels 1 - 4
- Short courses: Available on the Procurement and Contract Management Learning and Development panel (QGP002-2018)
- Thought leadership: Procurement Leadership Council (Gartner) delivers to member agencies (Energy and Public Works, Queensland Education, Communities Housing and Digital Economy, Transport and Main Roads)
- Business skills: whole of sector programs are delivered by University of Queensland under arrangements with Queensland Treasury Corporation
- Leadership skills: leadership development
- Procurement-specific eLearning courses: Queensland Government Procurement has developed four short eLearning courses focused on Procurement and Contract Management. Email Skills2Procure@epw.qld.gov.au to request a free, downloadable copy of the following:
- Procurement 101
- A Beginners' Guide to the Queensland Procurement Policy
- Good Practice Introduction to Social Procurement
- Good Practice Introduction to Contract Management.
Professional development events
- Procurement graduate networking events offered to current graduates in any agency.
- Community of practice events:
- for all sector procurement and contract management staff
- three times per calendar year
- no cost to participant
- Professional development sessions aimed at Heads of Procurement:
- held as requested by the Heads of Procurement Network Forum
- usually held twice per year
- no cost to participant
Find out more
- Sign up for the Buy Queensland Newsletter to receive invitations for events run by Queensland Government Procurement, including upcoming community of practice events.
- Ask your agency supervisor about funding and approval to access Skills2Procure training programs alongside agency-specific offerings which may include skills development, mentoring and on-the-job development opportunities.
- To talk to a Queensland Government Procurement capability contact person:
- phone: 07 3215 3604
- email: email@example.com.