Skills2Procure training programs
Skills2Procure is managed by Queensland Government Procurement and offers a suite of training and development options for procurement and contract management professionals across all skill levels from beginners looking for awareness training, through to advanced practitioners seeking to further increase their depth of expertise.
Offerings are for individuals, with some available for purchase by agencies for a group delivery.
Most of these offerings are purchased and funded by your agency, and you will need to follow your agency approval and processes to attend.
Some of the awareness and foundational skills offerings, including eLearning, and the Community of Practice do not incur any cost to the participant.
Who can participate?
Skills2Procure training and development initiatives are available to all public sector staff undertaking procurement or contract management-related roles and tasks, including:
- procurement staff
- contract management staff
- staff who contribute to a procurement or contract management role
- subject matter experts contributing to:
- requirements or specification documents to take to the market
- tender evaluation and award processes
- staff exercising relevant delegations in the business
- agency executives seeking to optimally leverage the opportunities to deliver on government policy through their procurement function.
What is available
- Certification courses: Procurement Certification Program (PCP) Levels 1 - 4.
- Short courses: Available on the Procurement and Contract Management Learning and Development panel (QGP002-2018).
- Thought leadership: Procurement Leadership Council (Gartner) provides this offering to member agencies please check with your agency's central procurement area to see if they are a member.
- Education program for the Queensland public sector (Opens in new window) : Delivered under the Queensland Treasury Corporation Education Program in collaboration with the University of Queensland. These programs are available to the Queensland public sector.
- Procurement-specific eLearning courses: Queensland Government Procurement has developed four short eLearning courses focused on Procurement and Contract Management. Email Skills2Procure@epw.qld.gov.au (Opens in new window) to request a free, downloadable copy of the following:
- Procurement 101
- A Beginners' Guide to the Queensland Procurement Policy
- Good Practice Introduction to Social Procurement
- Good Practice Introduction to Contract Management.
Professional development events
- Procurement graduate networking events:
- offered to current procurement graduates across the sector
- twice per calendar year
- no cost to participants.
- Community of practice events:
- for all sector procurement and contract management staff
- three times per calendar year
- no cost to participant.
Find out more
- Sign up for the Buy Queensland Newsletter to receive invitations for events run by Queensland Government Procurement, including upcoming community of practice events.
- Ask your agency supervisor about funding and approval to access Skills2Procure training programs alongside agency-specific offerings which may include skills development, mentoring and on-the-job development opportunities.
- To talk to the Queensland Government Procurement Capability team:
- phone: 07 3215 3604
- email: email@example.com.