Your agency may do this differently.
The process for buying differs by agency. Talk to your agency's procurement and legal areas, or see your agency intranet.
- Search whole-of-government arrangements for the good or service you need.
- If you can’t find an arrangement that meets your needs, search agency arrangements.
- Once you’ve exhausted all options, go to market to source your good or service.
Steps for buying
The easiest way to buy a good or service is to use a supplier listed in one of our existing whole-of-government arrangements (standing offer arrangements).
If you can’t find a preferred supplier or arrangement that suits your needs, you can search specific agency arrangements.
Go to market
Once you’ve exhausted all options, you can go to market to source your good or service. You should do this in liaison with your agency procurement lead.
When buying for government, you should consider:
- value for money
- sustainability opportunities including social procurement
- fairness and probity
- the Ethical Supplier Mandate.
- Explore our buying category pages
- Find out about category management
- Browse arrangements for general goods and services
- Buy ICT goods
- Create a purchase order
- Learn about supplying to Queensland Government
- Use VendorPanel for quotes
- Manage a contract
If you have queries about the buying process, email email@example.com or contact your agency procurement lead.