Having visibility of internal talent, and being able to quickly access and mobilise skilled people is essential for a future focused, and agile public service.
Talent mobility is a strategic imperative for delivery in the Queensland public sector 10 year human capital outlook and 3 year strategic roadmap.
The Public Service Commission, along with a number of other Queensland Government agencies, is currently piloting Talent Now—an easy to use, integrated online talent solution that will enable the sector to collaboratively identify and share internal resources.
The result will be increased workforce utilisation, will deliver development opportunities for our people and provide greater employment security.
The pilot will focus on the following employee cohorts:
- employees affected by change and employees impacted by the National Disability Insurance Scheme within the next 6 months
- employees in entry-level administrative roles A01–A02
- senior executives and senior officers.
Ten agencies are participating in the pilot including:
- Department of Communities Child Safety and Disability Services
- Department of Education and Training
- Department of Health
- Metro North Hospital and Health Service
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Department of Justice and Attorney General
- Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation
- Public Safety Business Agency
- Public Services Commission
- Queensland Police
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
How does it work?
For candidates : your next development opportunity awaits!
- Looking for a new challenge or to advance your career?
- Increase your visibility for development opportunities across the sector.
- Create your profile in less than 10 minutes using the Talent Now wizard.
- You are now searchable for hiring managers—so keep an eye out for your next exciting new challenge!
For managers : the easiest way to find the right talent for your team!
- Want to fill a short-term vacancy?
- Search Talent Now—the Queensland Government’s most extensive database of employees looking for new opportunities.
- Shortlisting made easy and interview, select and appoint as normal.
- Create a ‘favourites’ talent pool to share or to save for next time.
For more information contact your agency representative: