About the Talent Now pilot
The Queensland public sector is piloting Talent Now—a new talent solution that allows:
- employees to find their next career opportunity across the sector
- managers to find the right talent for their teams.
Over the next 10 years our work, workforce and workplaces will evolve with:
- the average tenure reducing to just 3 years
- more team and project-based work
- retirement age increasing to 70s and 80s
- 40% of roles at risk of automation
- talent seeking flexibility and choice—an experience, not a job for life.
Talent Now enables the sector to:
- collaboratively identify and share internal resources
- increase workforce use
- provide better access to development opportunities for our people
- provide greater employment security.
Having visibility of internal talent and being able to quickly access and mobilise skilled people is essential for a future-focused, and agile sector. Talent Now is a strategic imperative identified in the sector’s 10 year human capital outlook.
Download the Talent Now presentation to find out more.
Who can use Talent Now?
The pilot was designed to maximise mobility opportunities for 3 employee cohorts in participating agencies, however the pilot is now open to all Queensland public sector employees.
We encourage employees from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and life experiences to register with Talent Now.
The pilot commenced in October 2017 with more than 1300 profiles created across 24 classifications (represented from A02 to SES) and 30 industry specialisations, including:
- administrative support and clerical
- human resources
- information communications and technology
- finances and accounting
- service delivery.
Don’t miss out on your next career opportunity or to find the right talent for your team—register with Talent Now.
Does Talent Now replace the standard recruitment process?
No. Talent Now provides another way to recruit current employees for short-term roles (up to 12 months). Hiring managers can search Talent Now to find and contact suitable employees before selecting and appointing as normal.
Permanent and temporary roles greater than 12 months must be advertised on SmartJobs. In these cases, you can use Talent Now to point suitable candidates towards your SmartJobs ad. Some agencies have additional requirements with regards to advertising so best to check with your local HR advisor.
Does Talent Now align with Leader Connect?
Agencies can use the communication toolkit to raise awareness of Talent Now with employees and hiring managers.