Recovery at Work program
Returning to work after injury or illness is critical to employee wellbeing and recovery and can significantly improve outcomes for an injured employee. The longer an employee is off work, the greater the chance of them never returning to work.
The Queensland public sector (the sector) Gov2Gov Recovery at Work (RAW) program aims to benefit employees and agencies by increasing the number of meaningful work placements available to employees.
Member agencies recognise the value of supporting recovering employees back to work as soon as possible and with assistance from an expert group of rehabilitation coordinators to identify meaningful work in their agencies. The program provides opportunities for employees that may not exist in their home agency. Agency representatives meet monthly to identify potential placements for deidentified recovering employees.
- improved outcomes for injured or ill employees
- best practice workplace recovery through early intervention and case management
- supportive environments for recovery at work
- removal of barriers to employee recovery
- no agency costs associated with participation
- financial support may be available to cover salary costs for up to eight weeks for WorkCover Queensland cases
- financial support may be available for QSuper cases (negotiated on an individual basis).
- Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women
- Department of Innovation, Tourism and Industry Development
- Public Safety Business Agency
- Public Service Commission
- State Library Queensland
- Department of Health (Corporate)
- Health Support Queensland
- Metro South Hospital and Health Service
- Metro North Hospital and Health Service
- South West Hospital and Health Service
- Darling Downs Hospital and Health Service
- Queensland Correctional Services
- Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships.
More detailed information can be found in our Recovery at Work frequently asked questions .
How to get involved
Queensland public sector HR professionals, case managers and rehabilitation advisors can contact the Public Service Commission on email@example.com or phone 07 3003 2852 to be put in contact a representative, or to join the RAW program.