The Business Queensland (BQ) team reviews all submitted content before publishing to ensure it meets the standards and guidelines for Queensland Government websites.
Before you submit new content (e.g. new pages or entire sections), liaise with your customer requirements contact who will help you complete a project brief (if required) and/or advise on timelines, our capacity and the best way to present your content.
Our editorial quality assurance (EQA) process involves reviewing your content for consistency with:
- QGov web writing and style guide
- BQ style guides and spelling lists
- principles of writing for the web, such as using plain English, grammar, etc.
- tone and voice appropriate to target audience.
Submit your new content
There are 2 ways to submit new content for publishing on BQ:
- Workflow – if you have distributed author access to the BQ content management system (CMS)
- Word document – if you don’t have direct access to the BQ CMS
Read more about publishing workflow when you become a BQ author.
Word document input
- Submit your content using Service Desk. Please ensure:
- all hyperlinks are highlighted using comments
- any comments from the approval process are finalised
- any updates to existing content are sent using the BQ edits template (DOCX), or by copying the page URL and content into a Word document with tracked changes clearly showing updates.
- A BQ content designer will review and EQA your content.
- If changes are recommended, we will send you the edited content for clarification and final approval.
- Once you’ve gained final approvals for any changes, resubmit your content by commenting on your request in Service Desk or responding to the auto-response email for the request.
- Our content design team will build the content in BQ in the agreed location and add content, links, images, videos and metadata.
- We will notify you when your content is live on BQ, so you can review and confirm you’re happy with the published content. We will also ask you to:
- establish a review schedule for your content (typically 6 or 12 months, but dependant on content)
- provide details for the subject matter expert we can contact to review the content.