Maintenance Management Framework
The Maintenance Management Framework (MMF) (PDF, 563KB) is the policy for managing building maintenance. It applies to all departments which have maintenance responsibilities within their portfolio. MMF is made up of policy, guidelines and policy advice notes.
The Queensland Government owns and uses billions of dollars of building assets. These assets must be properly and systematically maintained so that they continue to support the delivery of a wide range of government services which fulfil community needs.
The guidelines complement the MMF policy by giving a more detailed explanation of a subject:
- Building maintenance policy, standards and strategy development (PDF, 182KB)
- Building condition assessment (PDF, 260KB)
- Building maintenance budget (PDF, 170KB)
Policy advice notes
The policy advice notes discuss emerging policy issues or topical issues related to maintenance:
- Capital or expense? A guide for asset and maintenance managers (PDF, 107KB)
- Minimum maintenance funding benchmark for annual departmental budget (PDF, 90KB)
- Scope of building maintenance (PDF, 139KB).
Related policy frameworks
- Capital Works Management Framework
- Building Asset Performance Framework
- Strategic Asset Management Framework
Email BCMSecretariat@epw.qld.gov.au for more information.