- Look to reuse whats existing in your agency and across government.
- Align with the whole of government strategy and technology.
- Notify Queensland Online when planning a new or significantly redeveloped service to ensure the ecosystem remains linked.
Use open standards and/or common platforms
Build using open standards and common government platforms where appropriate.
Using open standards and common government platforms helps you to:
- meet the needs of your users by building with proven solutions
- make users experience of government more consistent, which generates trust
- save time and money by reusing things that are already available
- be more efficient by sharing data appropriately
- move between different technologies when you need to, avoiding vendor lock-in.
During Alpha stage you should understand what open standards and common platforms can be used for your service. You should:
- follow government better practice and standards in the design of the service
- identify tools, systems, processes that can be adopted or reused from other services
- search for similar solutions in other jurisdictions.
During Beta stage and as you go live to launch publicly you should continue applying government solutions while also:
- building using open web platform standards
- avoiding lock-in to any proprietary solutions where an open standard is available
- addressing any common user needs in a way that is consistent with the rest of government.