About the Cyber Security Unit
The Queensland Government Cyber Security Unit (CSU) is responsible for supporting the development of the Queensland cyber security industry and local cyber security workforce as well as managing a number of whole of Government cyber security services.
The CSU team provides:
- cyber security leadership
- governance, policy and standards
- coordinated response to cyber security incidents
- progression of cyber security capability development across government
- advocacy for cyber security awareness.
The CSU can help your agency with:
- updates on current cyber security risks and incidents
- assistance during an incident response with the Queensland Government Information Security Virtual Response Team (QGISVRT)
- support to implement Information security policies (IS18:2018) and ISO 27001
- whole-of-government cyber security policies and guidance through the QGEA
- whole-of-government cyber security services
- training and career development opportunities in cyber security.
Communities of practice
The CSU hosts communities of practice (CoPs) among ICT professionals from Queensland government entities who meet on a regular basis to collaborate, share information and generally expand their knowledge and cyber security skills.
- Incident management community of practice
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) community of practice
- Phishing and awareness community of practice
- Vulnerability management community of practice
For all non-urgent enquiries email the Cyber Security Unit (CSU) at email@example.com.
To report urgent cyber security incidents contact the Queensland Government Information Security Virtual Response Team (QGISVRT) on 07 3215 3951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.