Module 2: Checkpoint 1—Queensland Government logo
The Queensland Government logo must be located in the top left corner of each screen ( http://www.qld.gov.au/web/cue/module2/elements-screen-layout.html ) and must have identical presentation to the CUE template ( http://www.qld.gov.au/web/cue/template/ ).
Note: agencies that have an exception to corporate identity may replace the Queensland Government logo with their entity logo.
The logo version that must be used is Option 3, from Section 4.8 of the Queensland Government Coat of Arms—style guide (employees only).
- If the background colour is white or a light colour, the solid black must be used.
- If the background colour is dark, the logo colour must white.
Regardless of which logo is used, it must have a minimum colour contrast ratio to the background of at least 4.5:1.
The Queensland Government logo must provide a link to www.qld.gov.au ( http://www.qld.gov.au/ ).
The alternative text for the Queensland Government logo must be 'Queensland Government'.
To reinforce Queensland Government branding, the Queensland Government Coat of Arms must be also be displayed as a favicon in the address bar of the browser, as well as in the browser tabs and bookmarks (favourites).
Agencies must use the favicon included with the CUE template.
Note: Websites that have an approval for an entity-only logo may either use this logo as a favicon or use the default browser icon.
Benefits of conformance
- Consistent presentation of Queensland Government brand.
- Increases credibility and trust.
- Decreases cognitive load for users as it provides immediate identification of the site.
- Provides a consistent entry point to the Queensland Government website.
Risks of non-conformance
- Users ( http://www.qld.gov.au/web/cue/definitions/index.html#users ) will not be able to easily navigate to the Queensland Government entry point or access other Queensland Government services easily.
- Increases cognitive load for users (e.g. users have to relearn each time they go to a new agency site).
White or pale background:
Dark coloured background: