Use these resources to help you apply the Human Rights Act 2019 in your workplace.
Table of contents
Use these forms to comply with section 52 and section 53 of the Human Rights Act.
- Notice to the Attorney-General and Queensland Human Rights Commission (section 52)
- Notice that the Supreme Court is considering making a declaration of incompatibility (section 53)
Find more detailed information about human rights and obligations under the Act in our factsheets.
- A human rights approach for Queensland
- Protected human rights factsheet
- Courts and tribunals and human rights factsheet
- Public entities and human rights factsheet
- Human rights complaints factsheet
Use these guides to help you apply the Act and complete initial implementation tasks.
- Nature and scope of the rights
- When human rights may be limited
- Human rights in decision making
- Planning and reporting for human rights
- How to review existing legislation for compatibility with human rights
- How to review policy and procedures for compatibility with human rights
- Develop policy and legislation compatible with human rights
- Human rights training handout
- Checklist to identify public entities
- Checklist for implementing the Human Rights Act
- Learn about the Queensland Government Human Rights Strategy
- Incorporate human rights into your complaints processes
Use these posters in your office to build awareness of the Act and where to find more information.
- We are preparing for the Human Rights Act 2019
- A framework for fairer decision-making and improved service delivery
- Fairer laws, policies and practices
- Start talking about human rights today
- Find other human rights posters on the QHRC website
Show your support by adding the human rights email banner .
Email banner instructions:
- Select the email banner link above and save the file to your PC.
- Open a new message in Microsoft Outlook and select Insert > Signature > Signatures.
- In the Select signature to edit box, choose the signature you want to add the banner to.
- Select the Image icon , locate your image file, and select Insert.
- To resize your image, right-click the image, then choose Picture. Select the Size tab and use the options to resize your image. To keep the image proportions, make sure to keep the Lock aspect ratio checkbox checked.
- Optional: Add a hyperlink to the Human Rights Portal - Select the image, select the Hyperlink icon , in the Address field enter http://www.forgov.qld.gov.au/humanrights. Select OK.
- When you're done, select OK, then select OK again to save the changes to your signature.
Find more information on editing email signatures.
Use this presentation (with notes) to discuss the impacts and implementation of the Act.
Find out more about human rights in Queensland:
- Human Rights Act 2019
- Human Rights Bill explanatory notes
- Human Rights Bill explanatory speech (PDF, 62KB)
- Human Rights Bill Committee report (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Attorney-General and Minister for Justice media statement
- Queensland Human Rights Commission
See more about human rights in Australia:
Use these templates when drafting new legislation:
- Any Bill that is introduced in the Legislative Assembly must be accompanied by a Statement of Compatibility.
- All subordinate legislation that is tabled in the Legislative Assembly must be accompanied by a Human Rights Certificate.