The Queensland Government is committed to creating healthy and safe workplaces where employees can thrive and achieve their best—it is fundamental to the success of the Queensland public sector and the state.
Our health and wellbeing is multi-dimensional and linked to our physical, psychological, financial, social and work wellbeing.
Find out what health and wellbeing support options and resources you can access in each of these areas, and check with your agency for additional organisation-specific support.
Table of contents
- Health assessments (refer to individual agency arrangements):
- Health screens and check-ups:
- Health coaching:
- Active lifestyle:
- Healthier. Happier. Fitness
- Cycling in Queensland
- Discounts on gym membership and fitness passports (refer to individual agency arrangements)
- Recreation and outdoor activities
- Join a sporting or recreation club – check out the club locator for a club near you!
- Start Playing, Stay Playing campaign for women and Start Playing activities
- Healthy eating
- Quit smoking:
- Support for problematic use of alcohol and other drugs
- Flu vaccinations (refer to individual agency arrangements)
- Workplace support with a medical condition
- Workplace mental health awareness video
- Understanding the mental health continuum (YouTube)
- Understanding mental health and reducing the stigma
- Your mental health
- Good mental health
- Signs of mental illness
Helplines and support
- Guide to free digital mental health resources - funded by the Australian Government
- Helplines, counselling and support groups, e.g. relationship and marriage counselling, domestic and family violence:
- 1300 MH CALL - confidential mental health telephone triage service for Queenslanders
- Employee assistance programs - check your agency’s specific provider arrangements
- Beyond Blue’s New Access (free coaching through tough times)
- LIFELINE 13 11 14
- Mind Health Connect – publicly funded mental health resources and services
- Suicide and crisis care
- Support for employees affected by domestic and family violence
- Support with a medical condition
- If you have been injured at work or acquired an illness as a result of work, you may be eligible to claim benefits from WorkCover Queensland
- Worker Compensation Advisory Services 1800 102 166 – free independent confidential advice about Queensland workers compensation scheme
- Workers Psychological Support Services 1800 370 732 – free independent confidential support for people with work related psychological injury or who need support following a workplace injury
- Getting back to work after illness or injury can support long term recovery (also refer to your agency’s return to work program or rehabilitation and injury management program)
Work design for better mental health
- Find out how flexible work can help you achieve more balance in your life.
- Focus on where you can create a difference and make meaning at work in your performance review and development
- Look for challenges and rewarding opportunities in your career:
- Proactively manage stress and burnout, check out the workload management guides
- Workplace conditions, health and safety
- Stressed about finances? According to studies you’re not alone. Check out the QSuper survey results.
- What is financial wellbeing? Financial Wellbeing in the Australian Context and the Financial wellbeing tree
- Queensland Government’s default superannuation fund - QSuper - provides members with financial wellbeing support and resources, including: