In recognition that the public sector is the mechanism through which the elected representatives deliver programs and services for the benefit of the people of Queensland, public service agencies, public sector entities and public officials:
- accept and value their duty to be responsive to both the requirements of government and to the public interest
- accept and value their duty to engage the community in developing and effecting official public sector priorities, policies and decisions
- accept and value their duty to manage public resources effectively, efficiently and economically
- value and seek to achieve excellence in service delivery
- value and seek to achieve enhanced integration of services to better service clients.