The pathways service works closely with partner agency representatives to consider the career advancement needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees and supports their career journey. The activities and outcomes align with our Leadership competencies for Queensland and the 70-20-10 learning principles.
We provide First Nations employees and their supervisors with:
- cross-agency and external learning and development opportunities
- personal network growth opportunities
- monthly participant-only yarning circle opportunities
- mentor opportunities within a culturally safe environment
- secondment and permanent position, job shadowing, mentoring and shared resource opportunities via the Career pathways job and mobility pool.
There are no mandatory requirements. You can opt in and opt out of opportunities as it best suits your capacity, interests and learning style. To access the service, intakes are run annually, with applications next opening in July 2023. Partner agencies and the Career pathways team will distribute the expression of interest across our communications platforms.
Email email@example.com or call the Career pathways team on (07) 3003 2831 for more information or to get involved.
Access to unique tools and resources
The Career pathways team delivers engagement activities throughout the year to increase access to opportunities, and to assist in building connections and networks across the sector.
Participants and supervisors have access to a range of unique resources including:
- self-assessment and reflection tools
- tools to enable culturally safe conversations and working environments
- resources to facilitate confidence building and capability development
- online community to connect participants, supervisors and agency representatives.
Supervisors of participants also have access to:
- learning and development opportunities to strengthen their leadership and cultural understanding, including masterclasses
- networking events and activities.