Conduct and Performance Excellence (CaPE) service
The Public Service Commission’s Conduct and Performance Excellence (CaPE) service supports agencies to manage conduct and performance in the Queensland public service.
- advise and support managers and HR professionals in agencies to manage their employees’ conduct and performance
- support agencies to work with the case categorisation system
- set benchmarks, and collects, monitors and reports on results against benchmarks
- administers the case categorisation model and standards
- works with the Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) to ensure that matters are handled by the appropriate organisation
- collect conduct and performance management data from agencies on conduct matters to identify developing issues, good practice, and opportunities to develop capabilities across the public service.
The CCC has the function to ensure a matter involving corruption is dealt with in an appropriate way. They focus on more serious cases of corrupt conduct and cases of systemic corrupt conduct within a unit of public administration.
The CCC and CaPE work together with agencies to ensure matters are categorised appropriately as either corrupt conduct, or as a personal conduct or work performance matter.