Help the Queensland Government collect accurate workforce diversity data.
- Employees: complete the workforce diversity census.
- HR professionals: ensure your agency collects and provides the appropriate workforce diversity data.
This ensures the Queensland Government puts the right programs in place to support you and helps us create a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
Add or update your diversity information using either:
- your agency’s online Employee Self Service (ESS) portal
- the Workforce diversity census form
- your agency-specific census form (find this on your intranet or contact your HR team).
The information you provide will be used for statistical purposes only and in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009. No information identifying you will be disclosed to any agency or person.
You can add, update, or delete your diversity information any time.
Use the Queensland Government’s Workforce diversity census form to collect employee diversity information. The form ensures consistency of workforce diversity data between Queensland public sector agencies (required by the Public Service Act 2008).
Make the form available online through your Employee Self Service (ESS) portal or as a printed form on your intranet.
You can use the form to capture additional employee information if required. Refer to the Workforce diversity form – agency instructions to learn the minimum requirements for your agency’s form.
Promote the Workforce diversity census
Use the Public Service Commission’s (PSC) Internal communication toolkit to encourage employees to update their diversity information.
Internal communication toolkit
- Social media
Ensure employment equity
The Public Service Act 2008 requires Chief Executives ensure employment equity within their agency. Each agency must act consistent with the merit principle to:
- enable members of the Equality of Employment Opportunity (EEO) target groups to compete for recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, and career development as effectively as people who are not members of those groups
- eliminate unlawful discrimination by the agency or its employees against members of the EEO target groups.
Report on workforce diversity
Agencies must report on their workforce diversity data to the PSC. This allows the Commission Chief Executive to meet annual workforce diversity data reporting requirements.
Minimum obligatory human resource agencies
Agencies covered by the Workforce profile and work performance directive must collect and submit validated workforce diversity data to the PSC on a quarterly basis.
They must use the Minimum obligatory human resource (MOHRI) file specification.
Government owned corporations
Agencies covered by section 148 of the Government Owned Corporations Act 1993 must collect and submit validated workforce diversity data to the PSC within 3 months after the end of the financial year.
They must use the Equality of employment opportunity (EEO) file specification.
For help with reporting, see also additional field descriptions.
For help completing the Workforce diversity census, speak to your supervisor or your agency’s HR team.