The Competency compass is an interactive online tool to help you better prioritise your leadership skills and areas for development.
Developed in partnership with Hudson (co-creators of LEAD4QLD), the Competency compass will guide you through a series of self-reflection exercises. It will help you to focus your areas for development, and set you on a personalised course to build or strengthen your knowledge, skills and behaviours as a leader.
The Leadership competencies for Queensland describe what everyday leadership looks like in the public sector. In clear, behavioural terms they support all employees to lead and work in new ways, to deliver the best outcomes for the community we serve. The Competency compass provides insights into your most significant competencies.
So set aside 10 minutes and steer your professional development in the right direction. Get started now.
- Before you begin, familiarise yourself with the Leadership competencies for Queensland.
- You can access the compass on desktop, mobile or tablet using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Safari only — not through Internet Explorer.
- The compass will help you prioritise and understand the competencies you're currently using and how these may change in the future, while taking a deeper dive into the behaviours that you most closely focus on and how these compare to your peers.
- Based on your responses to the activities, the compass will provide you with a unique leadership profile report to help guide conversations with your supervisor and plan your professional development.
- This career conversations guide is useful for those discussions, to help focus your goals and next steps.
- You can email a PDF copy of your report to yourself or someone else.
- The Competency compass does not identify or capture any personal data.