The Core 2019 and associated agreements’ salary schedules
Previous wage rates
Previously, the State Government Entities Certified Agreement 2019 (2019 Core Agreement), Department of Education Certified Agreement 2019, and other associated agreements connected with the 2015 Core Agreement (the Agreements) provided for a 2.5% per annum increase. The first increase was applied on the last agreement rates as contained in the State Government Entities Certified Agreement 2015 (i.e. the 2017 agreement rates) from 1 September 2019. Staff either received payment at Agreement rate or the current award rate of pay, whichever of the two is the higher.
The Agreements also included a Wages Determination Mechanism (WDM) provision which allowed the parties the ability to revise wage rates payable, either by agreement, or by a decision of the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (QIRC).
On 25 February 2021 agreement was able to be reached in relation to the WDM.
New wage rates
On 1 March 2021 the QIRC issued orders reflecting the agreement reached by the parties. Wage increases will now be as follows:
- Rates of pay effective as at 1 September 2020 will become the base for future increases. That is, currently payable award rates of pay (where they exceed agreement rates contained in the wage schedule of the relevant instrument) or agreement rates that have remained above the award, will be the base for future increases; and
- 2.5% pay rises will be applied on the dates scheduled in the relevant Agreement. For the Core Agreement this means 2.5% increases on 1 September 2021, 1 March 2022 and 1 September 2022.
Salary schedules for the Core Agreement, as well as associated Agreements, for 2020 onwards incorporating the agreed outcome for the WDM are located below:
- State Government Entities Certified Agreement 2019
- Department of Education Certified Agreement 2019
- Youth Detention Centre Certified Agreement 2019 (PDF, 434 KB)
- Parliamentary Service Electorate Staff Certified Agreement 2020 (PDF, 189 KB) – salary schedules are also located on your internal intranet site.