About the Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct was developed to strengthen the integrity and accountability of the Queensland public service:
- demonstrate the government's commitment to the highest levels of integrity and accountability
- reflect the principles and values underlying good public administration
- identify consistent standards of conduct for all employees
- provide a framework for ethical culture.
- clarify for the public what they, and we, as employees of the Queensland public sector, expect of ourselves, our colleagues and our organisation.
The code contains the ethics principles and values prescribed in the Public Sector Ethics Act 1994:
- integrity and impartiality
- promoting the public good
- commitment to the system of government
- accountability and transparency.
As well as the Code, we will comply with all relevant:
We will also adhere to the policies, organisational values and organisational documents of our employing agency.
Agency-specific Standards of Practice, as approved by the Public Service Commission Chief Executive can supplement the Code. An approved Standard of Practice will apply to that agency's employees in the same way as the Code.