White Ribbon Australia Workplace Accreditation
The Queensland Government is committed to creating a Queensland free from domestic and family violence (DFV).
On 23 November 2017, 15 more Queensland Government agencies were awarded with White Ribbon Australia (WRA) workplace accreditation, becoming White Ribbon Workplaces.
The accreditation recognises the Queensland Government’s commitment to prevent violence, support employees affected by DFV, and promote safe and respectful workplace cultures. It takes the total to 19 accredited agencies.
The Queensland Government firmly recognises that DFV is a workplace issue. It can affect the safety, wellbeing, productivity and performance of all employees—those experiencing violence, those using violence, carers and colleagues.
As Queensland’s largest employer, we know we can make a significant difference to how DFV is addressed at work.
We are proud of the steps we are taking to support our employees, and hope to empower them to stand up, speak out and strive to support equitable and respectful relationships. We all have a role to play in being part of this social change.
Agencies who have achieved accreditation include:
- Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors
- Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women
- Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Department of Transport and Mains Roads
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Department of Housing and Public Works
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games
- Public Safety and Business Agency
- Office of the Inspector-General Emergency Management
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
- Public Service Commission
- Queensland Treasury
- Queensland Corrective Services
- Queensland Police Service
- Queensland Health
- Queensland Ambulance Service
The Queensland Government has committed to all departments becoming accredited as WRA workplaces by 2019.
We will continue to lead the way for Queensland workplaces in modelling respectful, safe, supportive and equitable workplace cultures, and implementing policies and programs to ensure employees affected by domestic and family violence receive the support they need.