The first meeting will give you an opportunity to understand the purpose and objectives of the organisation and what they expect from you.
You should consider and talk about:
- how your leadership, organisational, and/or technical skills may meet their needs
- the deliverables, and the outcomes required
- what data, information or assistance you will need to meet their expectations
- realistic timeframes for the length of the commitment and milestones
- how often, when and where you will meet to discuss progress
- how much time each person will invest in the relationship weekly
- how you will address any issues that arise.