What should the first meeting entail?
The first meeting will give you an opportunity to understand the purpose and objectives of the organisation and what they expect from you.
You should consider and talk about:
- how your leadership, organisational, and/or technical skills may meet their needs
- the deliverables, and the outcomes required
- what data, information or assistance you will need to meet their expectations
- realistic timeframes for the length of the commitment and milestones
- how often, when and where you will meet to discuss progress
- how much time each person will invest in the relationship weekly
- how you will address any issues that arise.