Agile practices are being adopted as the go-to method for supporting projects and leading digital transformation across the public sector.
This course will enable to you to develop a working knowledge of agile practices and expertise in implementing multi-iterative development models for any scale of project.
You may choose to use this training as a stepping stone to earn your agile certification with Project Management Institute (PMI).
The training in agile practices is a collection of targeted multi-modal online learning materials focused on providing the knowledge you need to pass the exam, should you choose to do so. This course is only 1 element towards your certification.
Subject areas include:
- Agile principles and methodologies
- Agile project planning
- Agile project scheduling and monitoring
- Agile stakeholder engagement and team development
- Agile key exam concepts.
The content is offered through an online learning platform, providing comprehensive online content and practice exams.
PMI-ACP® eligibility requirements to gain certification
The exam has 120 multiple-choice questions over 3 hours. The exam is offered by a number of providers, with details given towards the end of the program.
Anyone can sit the exam, however, to be eligible and progress to the formal PMI-ACP® certification, you must meet these requirements:
- educational background: secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or global equivalent)
- general project experience: 2,000 hours (12 months) working on project teams must have been earned in the last 5 years. PMP® or PgMP® credential holders already meet this criteria and do not need to earn additional hours.
- agile project experience: 1,500 hours (8 months) working on project teams using agile methodologies. This experience must have been earned in the last 3 years. These hours are in addition to the 2,000 hours required in general project experience.
- training in agile practices: 21 contact hours must have been earned in agile practices.
There are limited places available. To gain a place on the course you must:
- be a permanent or temporary Queensland Government employee
- have a Queensland Government email address
- worked in an agile project management environment
- have support from your supervisor.
Preference will be given to:
- project managers
- agile team members
- team leads or managers
- software developers
- any professional aspiring to be a project manager.
You will have access to the learning platform until June 2021.
If you wish to take the exam, there is an extensive amount of time you should allocate to study. We recommend putting aside up to an hour or more a week.
There are no costs involved in the online course for individuals or departments, just your time and commitment.
If you decide to undertake the final exam, the cost is the responsibility of the individual or agency. The exam can be taken online and as a guide the cost is approximately $400 per person.
How to nominate
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, submit a nomination form.