The role of the Social Services Category Council (SSCC) is to facilitate consultation and the exchange of information in relation to strategic procurement activities of its member agencies.
The SSCC has been established to oversee and direct activities in relation to social services spend across the category, it will agree and govern spend for the social services profile and endorse related execution plans for the category.
Lead agency: Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors (as at 30 April 2018).
Table of contents
- Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors (DCDSS)
- Department of Child Safety Youth and Women (DCSYW)
- Queensland Health (QH)
- Department of Youth Justice (DYJ)
- Department of Housing and Public Works (DHPW) - Office of the Chief Advisor – Procurement and Homelessness Teams
To be scheduled and confirmed.
The SSCC relies on the cooperation and agreement of member agencies, and does not have authority to make decisions that commit or direct the use of agency resources.
Decisions that require the direction and commitment of resources are referred to member agencies for authorisation.
The SSCC welcomes requests from organisations and individuals to make presentations to the Council (the SSCC). You may arrange to present on a topic within the scope of the SSCC by emailing email@example.com.
Presentations should be less than 20 minutes, including question time.
The SSCC utilises existing industry reference groups of its member agencies to consult on the procurement of Social Services for Queenslanders, and the implementation of Queensland Procurement Policy requirements.
The SSCC intends to create an Industry Reference Group to:
- support the Social Services Category
- utilise existing Industry Reference Groups of its member agencies to consult on the procurement of Social Services for Queenslanders
- implement Queensland Procurement Policy requirements.
Thriving Communities Leadership Group (TCLG)
The purpose of the TCLG is to create opportunities for members to work together to help communities to thrive.
The TCLG will focus on:
- bringing broad and diverse experience and expertise together to drive a Thriving Communities commitment that:
- puts people first
- values communities
- contributes to Our Future State: Advancing Queensland’s Priorities
- issues relevant to the community services industry and to the individuals, families and communities, that the department and members seek to support noting that communities may be based on geography or particular cohorts
- building strong relationships, as foundations for robust discussion and to support collective responses to current and future challenges for Queensland communities.
Responsible agency: Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors.
- Director-General, Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors (DCDSS) (Chair)
- Assistant Director-General, Community Services and Seniors, DCDSS
- Queensland Council of Social Services
- Volunteering Queensland
- Community Services Industry Alliance
- Council on the Ageing Queensland
- Queensland Families and Communities Association
- Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs
- Coalition of Community Boards
- National Disability Services
- Queenslanders with Disability Network
- Logan Together
- Jobs Queensland
- Public Service Commission
- Queensland Carers Advisory Council representative
- Queensland LGBTI Roundtable representative
Meeting dates for 2020
- 10 February 2020
- 18 May 2020 (TBC)
- 24 August 2020 (TBC)
Disability Services Partnership Forum: Industry Engagement Approach
The Disability Services Partnership Forum provides an important and valuable connection between the Department and Queensland’s disability sector.
The Forum is central to ensuring that Queensland continues to have a viable disability sector until full transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) from July 2019.
Responsible agency: Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors
- Executive Director, Disability Services Commissioning, Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors (Chair)
- Carers Queensland
- Ingham Parents Support Group
- National Disability Services Queensland
- National Disability Services State Committee
- Qld Voice for Mental Health
- Queensland Advocacy Incorporated
- Queensland Aged and Disability Advocacy Inc
- Queensland Alliance for Mental Health
- Queensland Disability Advisory Council
- Queenslanders with Disability Network
- Union representation currently being confirmed
Meeting dates for this year are to be scheduled and confirmed.