Join the Event Management Team
The Community Recovery event management teams provide support and leadership during disaster events both in locally affected areas through district teams and in the State-wide team located in Brisbane CBD.
Once the Brisbane based State Recovery Event Management Team (SREMT) establishes the District Recovery Event Management Team (DREMT), these teams work together with Community Recovery Partners to provide support and services to the affected community to help them recover from the disaster event.
Joining an event management team provides an opportunity for professional development and the gaining of valuable leadership and management experience.
The teams include managers and functional team leaders in both the SREMT and DREMT. These leadership functions are for Ready Reserve members who are looking at taking the next step in advancing their roles, or those who may already have had some limited experience as a member of an event management team and wish to formalise their willingness to undertake these more senior roles.
If you’re interested, you can submit an expression of interest (EOI). The process is:
- You complete Part A of the EOI and send to your line manager.
- Your line manager completes Part B of the EOI and sends to your agency key contact.
- Your agency key contact completes Part C of the EOI and sends to Community Recovery.
- Community Recovery will assess the application and advise the agency key contact of the outcome.
- You complete the required training (if applicable).
- EOI overview—summary of the purpose, process and responsibilities
- EOI process—summary of the workflow and process
- EOI DREMT/SREMT Team Leader application form
- Community Recovery event management team functions and role information