QSS’s One Number initiative
Queensland Shared Services (QSS) has more than 100 phone numbers. This leads to customer confusion. They don’t know who to call. When they do call, they’re often passed on to someone else because they’ve come through to the wrong area.
Having so many phone numbers makes it hard to measure customer experience and service levels. For some areas, it’s not known how many calls they receive or the purpose of each call.
The One Number initiative will reduce the number of QSS phone numbers and introduce a 1300 number that customers can call.
- Makes it easier for customers to call QSS. Saves customers time and increases the chance of a first call resolution.
- Helps QSS understand why customers are calling, which will influence QSS priorities.
- Improves QSS reporting and call monitoring, which will support efforts for greater service consistency and efficiency.
- From 2 January 2019, customers calling QSS on existing, published phone numbers will be asked to select an option from the telephone menu. Calls will be directed to the appropriate area.
- On 1 February 2019, the main contact telephone number for QSS will be 1300 146 370. Existing numbers will be forwarded to the new number until March 2019.