About the project
Maintaining our technical foundations (infrastructure) is a critical core business activity for QSS. Every year, our Infrastructure Management team perform extensive upgrades, maintenance and repair work on our infrastructure as business-as-usual activities.
This year, we have a number of critical infrastructure items that need updates or upgrades. The Infrastructure Improvement Project will consolidate and oversee this work to minimise the risk of outages and impacts.
The following activities are planned:
- Upgrade Fusion Citrix and Netscaler
- Upgrade ADS Foundation infrastructure
- Virtualise Axway
- Migrate the ALM database
- Implement Aurion web server enhancements
The activities are scheduled to occur between October 2018 and March 2020. We’ll be asking customers to do a small amount of testing during this period.
The project team will establish a working group and will invite you to nominate a representative to discuss next steps.
The project activities will improve performance and user experience with minimal impact. Among other benefits, the work will:
- increase data security
- improve incident investigation
- strengthen QAO’s auditing capability and reporting
- reduce potential hardware outages
- improve system performance during high use periods.
Key milestones for the project are:
- Migrate ALM database—completed
- Implement Aurion web server enhancements—completed
- Upgrade Fusion Citrix—expected completion 30 September 2019
- Upgrade ADS Foundation infrastructure—expected completion 30 September 2019
- Virtualise Axway—expected completion 27 March 2020