Publications, forms and templates
Table of contents
Contact us if you require a copy of a document in a different format.
See the glossary for recordkeeping and archival terms and their definitions.
For more information see Understand your legislative responsibilities.
- Disposal Freeze Policy
Find out more about Disposal freezes, including current disposal freezes
- Management of public records (corruption prevention advisory)
- Ministerial records policy: A recordkeeping policy for Ministers and Assistant Minister
- Records Governance Policy
- Records Governance Policy implementation guide
- Records governance policy overview
- What's changed?: The new Records Governance Policy
- Building digital capability: the records governance policy baseline survey overview
- Recordkeeping maturity assessment tool overview
- Queensland State Archives' appraisal statement
- Queensland recordkeeping metadata standard and guideline
Find out more about applying metadata to records
- QSA Storage Standard
For more information see Select storage
- Queensland State Archives–who we are and what we do
- Queensland State Archives Digital recordkeeping transformation program overview
- QSA Client services charter
For more information see Strategically manage recordkeeping.
- Delegation of recordkeeping responsibilities overview
- Recordkeeping matters: the what and why for Chief Executive Officers cheat sheet
- Risk assessment matrix and template to describe, analyse, assess, rate and control hazards or risks
Templates for your recordkeeping policies and procedures
For more information see Develop recordkeeping policies, procedures and tools.
For more information see Recordkeeping training.
For more information see Decide what to capture and how.
- Making, managing and keeping public records cheat sheet
- Mythbuster #3: Signatures
For more information see Digital signatures
- What records do I need to keep cheat sheet
- What records do I need to keep cheat sheet (editable version)
For more information see Capturing and managing social media records.
- Guidance on using Facebook API
- Guidance on using Flickr API
- Guidance on using Twitter API
- Guidance on using Yammer API
- Guidance on using YouTube API
For more information see Store and preserve records.
- Queensland State Archives Storage Standard
- Recommended record storage housing and environmental conditions
- Records storage standard criteria assessment tool
- Recommended technical specifications for long-term storage and preservation of digitised and digital records
For more information see Digitise records and Dispose of source records
- Guidelines and functional requirements for records in business systems (PDF) (International Council of Archives)
For more information see Determine business and technology requirements
- Managing records when decommissioning business systems workflow and methodology
For more information see Manage records when decommissioning business systems
For forms and applications relating to appraisal, or disposal authorisation see Forms.
Sentencing and disposal authorisation
For more information see Use a retention and disposal schedule and Find out how long to keep records (sentence records).
- Change history table for disposal authorisation
- Disposal freeze: records that are relevant to, or may become relevant to, an allegation of child sexual abuse
Find out more about Disposal freezes.
- Mythbusters #1: retention and disposal
- Sentence records workflow
- Using a retention and disposal schedule flowchart
For more information see How to destroy records.
Moving records between office locations
For more information see Moving records between office locations.
- Moving locations poster 1
- Moving locations poster 1 template (editable version)
- Moving locations poster 2
- Moving locations poster 2 template (editable version)
Schedule development and templates
For more information see Develop or review a retention and disposal schedule.
- Queensland State Archives' appraisal statement
- Retention and disposal schedule development and review process
- Background information template
- How to complete the background information template
- Sample retention and disposal schedule: Background information
- Legislative mapping template
- How to complete a legislative mapping template
- Sample legislative mapping for Public Records Act 2002
Retention and disposal schedule
- Retention and disposal schedule template
- How to complete the schedule template
- Sample retention and disposal schedule
Summary of changes
- Summary of changes in retention and disposal schedule template
- How to complete the summary of changes template
- Sample summary of changes in retention and disposal schedule
For more information see Transfer records to QSA.
For forms relating to transferring and managing records at QSA, see Forms.
- Mythbuster #2: Transferring records to QSA
- Transfer item list template
Use in conjunction with the Restricted Access Period notice
- Setting restricted access periods: a practical guide
Find out more about restricted access periods. Use in conjunction with the RAP notice
- Restricted Access Period (RAP) escalation review process
Find out more about restricted access periods.
For more information see Machinery-of-government and administrative changes.
- Agreement checklist
- Machinery-of-government and administrative change checklist
- Planning for a MOG and administrative change: sample data collection template for the management of public records
- Recordkeeping responsibilities during outsourcing of functions cheat sheet
- Sample clauses for machinery-of-government and administrative change agreements
- Sample transfer letter
- Sample transfer memo
- Sample records transfer batch list
- Status of records when outsourcing cheat sheet
- Stage 1 workflow diagram: Find out what's happening and determine the ownership of records
- Stage 2 workflow diagram: Identify the records involved
- Stage 3 workflow diagram: Plan and draft an agreement for the transfer and management of records
- Stage 4 workflow diagram: Transfer and manage the records after the change
Contact us if you require a Word 97-2003 compatible format, or one that can be printed and filled out.
Complete forms electronically wherever possible.
Forms can be signed digitally if your agency has appropriate processes in place to ensure the signature’s authenticity. You must save digitally signed forms as PDF before submitting to QSA.
All forms should be sent back to the nominated email address on the form.
List any supporting documentation on the form and attach it to the email separately when submitting.
Appraisal and disposal authorisation
- Application to amend or create a record class
Find out more about applying to amend or create a new record class, and disposal authorisation
- Application to dispose of damaged records
Find out more about damaged records, salvaging damaged records, and the application process
- Application for early or one-off disposal authorisation
Find out when you can apply for early or one-off disposal authorisation and the application process
- Notification of lost public records
Find out more about lost records and how to notify QSA of lost records
- Special circumstances appraisal of records form
Find out how to Identify records with permanent archival, enduring or intrinsic value and applying for a special appraisal decision
Transfer and manage records at QSA
- Access to restricted records form
Find out more about providing access to restricted records
- Delegation of authority (records access) form
Find out more about delegating authorisation
- File issue request and returns form
Find out more about the File Issue service
- Restricted access period (RAP) notice
Find out more about restricted access periods
- Transfer proposal form
Find out more about transferring records to QSA