QUT will be hosting an information session on Wednesday, 20 January at 12pm to answer any questions you may have. Register to find out more about PSMP.
To foster greater diversity of thought and lived experience in Queensland public sector leadership roles, the Public Service Commission (PSC) and the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) are offering 12 scholarships for the Public Sector Management Program (PSMP) in 2021 to:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander employees
- employees with disability.
Scholarships are offered on a one-for-one basis, with agencies funding one paid registration per scholarship placement.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship covering tuition fees of $11,500 (excl. GST). However, travel and accommodation costs associated with Brisbane-based workshops are not included in the scholarship offer.
QUT offers multiple program intakes throughout the year, and the four-unit course is delivered in 12–15 months. The program is focused around four intensive 3–4-day workshops (to minimise disruption to the workplace) and participants receive access to all university support services throughout the program.
Eligibility and entry requirements
To be considered for the program, you must:
- identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employee, or as a person with disability employed by the Queensland Government
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a citizen of New Zealand
- meet PSMP entry requirements.
How to apply
To apply for a scholarship, you will need to:
- talk with your supervisor or HR unit, in the first instance
- confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria and entry requirements
- submit your application to your HR unit for review.
Your HR unit will then work with your agency’s Chief Human Resources Officer to:
- review all scholarship applications
- confirm that the agency will fund one additional paid registration per approved scholarship (subject to entry requirements)
- submit completed scholarship applications and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 8 January 2021.
A panel of PSC and QUT representatives will then assess all applications based on applicants’:
- cover letter addressing the opportunities the scholarship will provide the participant
- ability to meet the course entry requirements
- ability to complete the course in conjunction with other commitments.
Scholarship placements will be announced and communicated early February 2021.
To ensure the highest quality experience for participants during their studies, QUT may liaise with applicants to discuss opportunities for working in conjunction with their disability support plans.
For course queries, contact QUTeX (QUT Graduate School of Business):
- 1800 145 041
For scholarship enquiries, contact the PSC:
- (07) 3003 2838