Queensland Government Procurement is committed to supporting our procurement graduates, no matter what agency you work in. We know how important it is to assist you to connect with each other and to other practitioners in our discipline.
Our graduates are an important part of our drive to deliver great procurement outcomes and contribute to our policy objectives:
- increasing employment opportunities for youth, disadvantaged groups and people generally
- strengthening of our regional economies by ‘buying local’
- supporting Queensland small-to-medium enterprises to compete successfully to supply to government
- supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses to compete successfully to supply to government.
These short introductory eLearning courses can be accessed at no cost from your agency’s learning management system (LMS):
- Procurement 101
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Queensland Procurement Policy
- An Introduction to Good Practice Contract Management
- An Introduction to Good practice Social Procurement.
If your agency doesn’t have access to these courses, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Skills2Procure program connects procurement and contract management staff across all agencies with learning and development opportunities.
Continuing professional development and professional associations
Besides formal training, there are several ways you can stay connected to learn of upcoming low cost or free events.
It is important for anyone starting out in a new profession to establish a relationship with a relevant professional body.
Short-term placement opportunities
As a procurement graduate, your agency has a plan to invest in your development.
Talk to your graduate program leader about a short-term placement within the Department of Housing and Public Works to further broaden your knowledge.
Specific placements can be negotiated through the Skills2Procure team with:
- Office of the Chief Procurement Officer—policy, data, and systems
- Information and communication technology—lead category management
- Building and construction management—lead category management
- General goods and services—lead category management
Continuing your career in procurement
As the end date for your graduate program approaches, you may be seeking opportunities to secure a permanent role in government.
Find out more
For more information:
- email email@example.com
- call 07 3215 3604.