Apply, change or cancel purchased leave online!
You can now apply for additional leave (funded by reducing your fortnightly salary) or change an existing purchased leave agreement online. You no longer need to print, sign, and email a PDF form to us.
Who can use this?
Queensland Shared Services (QSS) customers. Your agency just needs to opt in.
Transport and Main Roads (TMR) and Queensland Police Service (QPS) customers use their own forms for purchased leave, so are ineligible to use this online form.
How does my agency opt in?
Why have we done this?
We’re converting our PDF forms to online forms because they make it easier for you to do business with us. We’re designing our online forms to give you the best experience by, for example, only displaying questions when they’re relevant.
- save you time—no printing, signing and scanning to return a form to us
- reduce processing times—if you use our Submit a form options, it will be sent to the correct QSS payroll team for processing as soon as you submit it
- help the environment—saving paper and ink.
We’ll continue converting eligible PDF forms (those we can convert to an online format without changing the way we process your request) throughout 2019.
How does it work?
The Apply, change or cancel purchased leave (online) form will be available in the QSS Self Service Centre for agencies who have opted in.
The Apply, change or cancel purchased leave (online) process:
- Complete the form in the QSS Self Service Centre and nominate a supervisor.
- The employee will get an email notification confirming the form has been sent to their supervisor.
- The supervisor will get an email notification to endorse or approve the request depending on their HR delegation.
- If the supervisor doesn’t have HR delegation, an email is sent to the nominated approver once the supervisor endorses the request.
- If the supervisor doesn’t approve or endorse the request, they’ll get a daily reminder until they do.
- The employee and supervisor will be able to track the progress of the job in the My request page in the QSS Self Service Centre.
- Once approved or rejected, the employee will receive an email notification of the outcome.
- If approved, the QSS payroll team will process the request. The employee will receive an email notification when it is complete.
Purchased leave agreements expire every 12 months.