Build skills and confidence to effectively manage people, performance and change in the workplace.
Date27th Jun 2022 - 27th Jun 2022
Time09:00 am - 03:00 pm
Location295 Ann Street, Brisbane
Designed by the Public Service Commission and delivered by the Australian Institute of Management (AIM), this 1-day program takes a strengths-based approach to leadership and performance conversations.
Building the skills and confidence of supervisors through action learning, participants will explore contemporary strategies to engage employees and help teams perform at their best.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of managers in creating a positive culture for performance within their team
- Recognise the different kinds of performance conversations that take place across the performance practice cycle
- Understand the theoretical concepts that assist in conducting effective performance conversations and demonstrate the requisite skills to manage them
- Identify the most appropriate performance management conversation/s required for each member of their team
- Engage in ongoing reflection on the potential for their own biases and personal challenges in different kinds of performance conversations