To help raise awareness and build sector capability about diverse and inclusive workplaces, employees from small agencies (500 or less employees) are sponsored to complete the Queensland Human Rights Commission’s online diversity and inclusion training. Participants will have 12 months to complete the training.
Date4th Nov 2021 - 4th Nov 2021
Time10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location1 William St, Level 41, Multifunction Room 2
The Introduction to IR for HR Practitioners program is an introduction for HR practitioners to industrial relations in the Queensland public service.
The session is delivered in person in a workshop style format.
Attend the Introduction to IR for HR Practitioners session and you will:
- Gain clarity on industrial instruments, key concepts contained within them and how they interact with each other
- Build understanding of a model to assist you to seek industrial advice from IR colleagues in your agency.
- Industrial Relations Act 2016
- Industrial Relations Regulation and Rules
- Certified Agreements and Determinations
- Policy, Procedures and Guidelines
- Other instruments e.g. contracts, circulars, codes of conduct, WoG policies
- How to seek advice from your IR practitioners
- Greater understanding of industrial instruments, their application and how they interact with each other
- Greater awareness and confidence when providing and seeking advice
- Improved HR capability for organisations
Registrations close Friday 29 October.