Business Queensland (BQ) authors can move pages using the Admin or Edit+ interfaces in our Matrix content management system.
Notify the BQ team before moving already published content so we can update records and ensure remap links are created.
Move a page
You can move pages and assets in the asset map by dragging and dropping. Drag and drop the asset into the correct position under its parent page and select Move here from the pop up.
Dropping an asset on top of another asset and selecting Move here will place it as a child page of that asset. The HIPO pop up will appear, select Next to continue.
Check the asset's Linking screen to ensure a remap has been applied from the old location to the new location.
Ensure you preview each page in the guide, add /_recache to the end of the URL and refresh the page. This will ensure that the navigation for the guide updates.
Edit+ - move pages within a single guide or landing page
- Go to the parent page and click on the Linking tab.
- Under Direct Children, select the double-headed arrow beside the page to be moved and drag and drop it to where it should sit.
- Select Save.
- Preview every page in the guide, add /_recache to the end of the URL and refresh the page. This will ensure that the navigation for the guide updates.
Edit+ - move pages between different sections or guides
- Go to the page to be moved (or if multiple pages together, the parent page) and click the Linking tab.
- Select New location link, navigate to the new location in the pop-up asset finder and choose Select.
- If the content is under construction, remove the old location by selecting the Mark this item for deletion symbol.
- If the content has already been published, contact us for assistance.
- Note: Do not remove old locations for published content without applying a remap, as this may generate a 404 error.
- Select Save.