The Medical Category Council oversees, governs and directs strategic procurement activities related to the Medical spend across the Queensland Government.
The category council guides and agrees upon the category plans and strategies aimed at improving collaboration, procurement practices and delivering value for money outcomes under the Queensland Procurement Policy.
Lead agency: Department of Health
Table of contents
- Queensland Ambulance Service
- Healthcare Purchasing & System Performance Division, Department of Health
- Department of Housing and Public Works
- eHealth Queensland, Department of Health
- Strategy, Policy and Planning Division, Department of Health
- Risk, Assurance and Information Management, Department of Health
- Capital Infrastructure Delivery Unit, Department of Health
- Health Support Queensland, Department of Health
- Health and Hospital Service metro and regional representatives
- Health Service Chief Executive Forum Secretariat
The inaugural meeting was held on 13 September 2016.
Meeting dates this year:
- 15 February 2019
- 3 April 2019
- 5 June 2019
The council will make decisions by agreement in relation to strategic procurement and procurement related activities undertaken within the category. The council makes decisions with agreement by a majority of members attending a meeting.
The chair must approve requests to make a presentation to the council. Email HSQ-CPO@health.qld.gov.au or phone (07) 3096 2288 to request a presentation. Presentation should not be longer than 20 minutes, including question time.
The council has established an industry reference group to seek advice, support and feedback to proposed initiatives.
- Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association, ANZ
- Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association
- Medical Technology Association of Australia
- The Pharmacy Guild Queensland Branch
- Australian Medical Association of Australia
- Together Union
- Queensland Nurses and Midwives Union
- United Voice
- Professionals Australia
- Queensland Disability Advisory Council
Director, Strategic Procurement
Health Support Queensland
Phone: (07) 3096 2249