Leader Connect brokers experiences within and outside government to enable leaders to equip themselves with the agility and breadth of skills needed to best meet the needs of our customers, the people of Queensland. Programs are aligned to the Advancing Queensland priorities.
Leader Connect experiences
Leader Connect experiences are flexible, ranging from days to months, and designed to meet the needs of the participant, their agency and to develop the skills required by government for the future, including:
- placements in different sectors or within government
- mentoring partnerships between senior government leaders and peers from different sectors
- volunteering in the not-for-profit sector
- filling a short-term executive role.
Typically, the home agency will cover placement costs. Specific arrangements may be negotiated with the host organisation.
Applications for Leader Connect placements are currently closed.
Participants are identified through leadership capability assessment and development initiatives such as LEAD4QLD and performance information.
- broaden their perspective
- are challenged
- collaborate and innovate with others
- establish new relationships and networks.
- gain wider appreciation of organisational issues from the leader's temporary immersion in another workplace
- work across boundaries through greater collaboration
- transfer knowledge and gain fresh perspectives
- provide opportunities for emerging talent to backfill the participating leader's role.
- gain new ways of looking at challenges
- tap into new skills and experiences
- establish opportunities for greater collaboration with the public service.
Queensland public sector:
- establish a talent pipeline for the public sector’s most senior leadership roles
- gain a flexible and mobile cohort of leaders
- establish opportunities to collaborate and innovate across sectors
- gain relationships and new networks across different cultures and groups.