We recommend you begin by learning about the ICT investment review process, particularly the review process steps and how the review submissions align with gated assurance. You should also:
- complete the Assurance profiling tool to determine the assurance level of a program or project
- develop an assurance plan
- arrange assurance from an appropriate provider
- work with the Office of Assurance and Investment (OAI) to monitor and report on assurance gates
- ensure submissions to the ICT Investment review are supported by appropriate assurance and resultant action plans.
Guiding policy and frameworks
When applying gated assurance, the following policy and supporting frameworks are essential to understand:
- Program and project assurance policy and supporting framework—provides a structured approach for assurance that leverages existing, industry recognised best practice methodologies.
- Project commencement Approval policy—outlines the approvals required by a department prior to commencing a high-value project.
- Project Assessment Framework (PAF)—provides a common, rigorous approach to assessing projects at critical stages in their lifecycle.
All projects that have received project commencement approval and are required to apply the PAF should also be submitting for Investment Review and undertake appropriate gated assurance.
Assurance obligations of digital and ICT—enabled programs and projects
Watch the following video explaining these obligations presented by Brian Phillips, Facilitator and Consultant at Yellowhouse Best Management Practice.